Direct Sales Specialist
BetterLife’s Madison, Wisconsin office has an exciting opportunity for a Direct Sales Specialist to join our Direct-to-Consumer Sales team!
What you’ll do:
As a Direct Sales Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to help individuals secure life insurance by selling policies over the phone. Specifically, you will:
- Answer incoming calls from prospective members via the leads you receive every day
- Perform needs assessments to uncover the term life insurance and final expense products that will work best for them
- Walk the prospective member through the application and payment processes
- Utilize our systems to initiate and process policies and track prospective and current member information/notes.
- Make outbound calls to follow up with current and prospective members on a timely basis
- Partner with our Member Services team to ensure policies are issued timely
- Help BetterLife’s membership grow by using your talents and experience!
To be successful in the Direct Sales Specialist position, you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent. A bachelor’s degree in sales, business, marketing or other relevant degree is preferred.
- At least 1 year of sales experience
- Active life insurance license is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. Loves discussing our product offerings with customers through inbound/outbound calls.
- Self-motivated and driven to meet individual and team goals/metrics
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Strong moral character – always acts with honesty and integrity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to learn new systems
Why you should join our team:
- You’ll make a difference. BetterLife is a thriving organization that helps people protect their loved ones from the financial risks associated with dying too soon or living too long through life insurance and annuities. As a nonprofit organization, we are passionate about engaging our members to make a difference in their families, communities and country by never losing sight of our motto, “People helping people in time of need.”
- Our organization is growing. National Mutual Benefit and Western Fraternal Life (a similar sized fraternal benefit society located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa) merged on January 1, 2021 to form a new company, BetterLife. BetterLife is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin and occupies the former National Mutual Benefit office building. BetterLife serves 64,000+ members has $650 million in assets and is licensed to provide life and annuity products in 20 states.
- You’ll love the people you work with. We believe in helping people, making a difference, working hard, embracing change, doing the right thing, respecting each other, and having fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. Direct Sales Specialists have guaranteed base pay plus the ability to earn more through bonuses. We offer great benefits that include:
– 401k with company contribution
– Health, dental & vision insurance
– Company paid life and disability insurance
– Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
– Tuition reimbursement