Director, Member Engagement
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you feel strongly that your work should be purposeful? Do you want to help us build innovative and member-focused programs? If you answered yes to these questions, we want you on our team!
BetterLife, a member-owned (and member-focused) life insurance company, is looking for a Director, Member Engagement! We are in search of a creative, strategic, and innovative leader to join us in our efforts to drive member engagement and growth. Our Director, Member Engagement is responsible for developing, communicating, and implementing creative and innovative member programs and campaigns and ensuring their success.
This position will work in-office at our Madison, Wisconsin location when not traveling. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help build a strategy and plan for the future of our member programs with the goals of engaging our members on their terms and increasing member engagement significantly
- Create and implement new member benefit programs that help attract and retain members
- Manage cross-functional projects; partner with people across the organization to ensure new member programs and benefits are executed and promoted properly
- Plan, execute and manage large member events to drive engagement and BetterLife loyalty including: internal meetings, external activities with members in the community, webinars, conference calls, working groups, and other relationship and network-building activities
- Supervise and mentor your team as they create a calendar of events for our community-based member groups and event-specific action plans with the goals of adding new members, increasing participation (members, non-members, and volunteers) and making a difference in the community
- Partner with community-based member groups and their leaders to provide guidance and direction
- Develop communication and change management plans, implement communications to internal and external stakeholders, and work with our marketing team to execute our quarterly member magazine and monthly member e-newsletter
- Build processes and reports to efficiently and effectively capture data to ensure and increase the success of member engagement, programs and benefits offered
- Implement and manage new technologies that support our goals of engaging members and being easy to work with
What you should bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Marketing, Nonprofit Management, Communications, Business Administration, or Organizational Leadership, or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience in a similar position/field.
- 5+ years’ progressively responsible experience in association management or similar industry/field. Ideal experience would include: 1) Program design and implementation, with a focus on increasing membership; 2) Leading and planning events that have a community impact; 3) Measuring membership engagement and community impact; and 4) Volunteer management
- 2+ years’ project and/or people leadership experience
- Proven success in creating new and innovative strategies that attract, engage, and retain members, continuous process improvement efforts and building strong relationships
- Excitement and drive to work in a fast pace environment and keep up with the industry trends
- Excellent attention to detail, communication (verbal, written, presentations), time management, and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel up to 40%
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new systems
- Some evening and weekend work required
Why you should be excited:
- You’ll make a positive impact. BetterLife is a thriving member-owned life insurance company that was formed after a recent merger between two companies with histories going back over 100 years. Our mission is to help our members protect their families’ financial futures, build better lives, and better their communities. We are passionate about engaging our members and employees to make a meaningful difference in their communities through philanthropic activities.
- Our Culture. You’ll love the people you work with and the positive environment in which you work. We recognize the value of a diverse team and we encourage applicants of varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. At BetterLife, we believe in and demonstrate our culture of being member focused, respectful, transparent, passionate, accountable, collaborative, embrace change, curious, optimistic, do the right thing, and have fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total rewards package with an 8% contribution to your 401K along with health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through continuing education opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Submit your interest today to be our Director, Member Engagement!