Director of Marketing
Director of Marketing
BetterLife, a member-owned life insurance company, has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Marketing to join our team. If you are a brand champion with a proven track record of leading and developing a team and creating marketing strategies that drive business results, we’d love to talk with you!
What you’ll do:
The Director of Marketing is responsible for increasing brand awareness, generating leads to support our agents, and developing marketing initiatives that drive our business forward and help us reach our target customers. You’ll also lead and manage our marketing team, which is made up of several friendly, creative, and collaborative individuals. Our Director of Marketing is BetterLife’s brand champion and oversees the production of all branded assets and the development and management of all marketing campaigns to support our sales and membership goals.
Your primary responsibilities in this role will include:
Lead Generation, Brand Management & Communications
- Develop and implement lead-generation marketing plans and initiatives to support our three distribution channels (agency, independent, and direct)
- Offer expert advice to develop innovative advertising, public relations, social media and events
- Manage the marketing process from research and planning to execution and analysis of results
- Serve as a key internal partner within the Member Acquisition team and throughout the organization
- Build, develop and optimize marketing team processes to ensure overall team efficiency
- Work with the sales teams on brand/marketing initiatives that drive sales and bring new members into our organization
- Manage and oversee all marketing efforts at BetterLife and provide analytics on campaign performance and future recommendations
- Create and maintain a successful brand and image that attracts new members
- Conduct member, brand and product research initiatives
- Manage and oversee quarterly publication of the BetterLife member magazine, monthly email newsletter, and other print and digital communications
- Manage all branded member-facing digital and print assets, such as product brochures, the betterlifeins.com website, etc.
- Assist our Member Engagement Department with communications to membership
Leadership & Team Management
- Supervise the daily work/workflow, schedules and deadlines of the marketing team; manage relationships with marketing partners, consultants, and/or freelancers when appropriate
- Manage employee performance through goal setting, performance reviews, coaching, 1:1 meetings, and showing appreciation
- Hire, train, mentor and develop employees within the team and reinforce BetterLife’s desired culture
- Effectively onboard and off board employees
- Develop and manage the marketing budget
To be successful in the Director of Marketing position, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience in a similar position/field.
- 5+ years’ progressively responsible marketing experience, preferably within the insurance industry. Experience should include:
- Branding and creating lead-generation marketing plans that achieve the company’s desired results
- Proven success in building digital lead generating campaigns (e.g. SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, Google Analytics, Google AdWords , website design & management)
- Consumer marketing and behavior
- 2+ years’ project and/or people leadership experience
- Able to effectively build strong relationships and lead/manage people and projects
- Ability to create innovative and creative strategies and initiatives that attract members and agents to the organization
- Knowledge of design and copywriting best practices and how to apply them to achieve the desired result
- Eager to learn and stay current with marketing trends and consumer lead-generation approaches
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-drive environment while handling multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication (verbal and written), time management, and organizational skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) , WordPress, CRM, email deployment software, Adobe Creative Suite, and the ability to learn new systems
- Strong problem-solving abilities and continuous process improvement mindset
Why you should be excited to join our team:
You’ll make a positive impact. BetterLife is a thriving member-owned life insurance company that was formed after a recent merger between two companies with histories going back over 120 years. Our mission is to help our members protect their families’ financial futures, build better lives, and better their communities. We are passionate about engaging our members and employees to make a meaningful difference in their communities through philanthropic activities.
Our culture. You’ll love the people you work with and the positive environment in which you work. We recognize the value of a diverse team and we encourage applicants of varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. At BetterLife, we believe in and demonstrate our culture of being member focused, respectful, transparent, passionate, accountable, collaborative, embrace change, curious, optimistic, do the right thing, and have fun.
Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total rewards package with an 8% contribution to your 401K along with health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through continuing education opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Submit your resume and cover letter today to be considered for our Marketing Director position!