BetterLife, a member-owned life insurance company, has an exciting opportunity for an HR Coordinator to join our Madison, Wisconsin office. If you are self-motivated, enjoy interacting with employees, love HR (and all the ups and downs that come with it), and want to help us bring the BetterLife culture to life, please apply!
What you’ll do:
As the Human Resources Coordinator, you will be the right hand person to the VP, Human Resources to rebuild the HR function and ensure all HR tasks and projects are successfully completed. Specifically, you will assist with:
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding:
- Create and manage job postings, including tracking candidates that apply
- Review resumes and conduct initial screening interviews for select positions
- Facilitate the interview process from scheduling interviews to declining candidates
- Draft offer letters and request background checks
- Onboard employees ensuring they feel welcomed and all HR paperwork is completed and processed timely
HR & Benefits Administration:
- Lead HR projects (e.g. benefits open enrollment, flu shot clinic, records retention, etc.)
- Ensure policies and procedures are kept updated and compliant with applicable laws
- Maintain employee records and manage the records retention process
- Ensure benefits and payroll changes are processed timely (pay, title, address, qualifying event changes, etc.)
Employee & Executive Support:
- Handle basic employee relations issues
- Follow up with employees on HR related questions
- Support and reinforce our culture through daily interactions, projects and committees
- Manage our birthday and anniversary recognition programs
- Provide administrative support for Board of Director meetings. This would include working closely with our President and CEO to ensure Board meetings are scheduled, travel is arranged, venues are reserved, food is ordered, and materials are sent.
To be successful in the HR Specialist position, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of cross-disciplinary HR experience including recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration, and employee relations
- Understands HR best practices and employment laws and can apply them in the appropriate situations
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Continuous process improvement mindset; likes to innovate and find better ways of doing things
- Detail oriented while being able to see and understand the “big picture”
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new systems
Why you should be excited to join our team:
- You’ll make a positive impact. BetterLife is a thriving member-owned life insurance company that was formed after a recent merger between two companies with histories going back over 120 years. Our mission is to help our members protect their families’ financial futures, build better lives, and better their communities. We are passionate about engaging our members and employees to make a meaningful difference in their communities through philanthropic activities.
- Our culture. You’ll love the people you work with and the positive environment in which you work. We recognize the value of a diverse team and we encourage applicants of varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. At BetterLife, we believe in and demonstrate our culture of being member focused, respectful, transparent, passionate, accountable, collaborative, embrace change, curious, optimistic, do the right thing, and have fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total rewards package with an 8% contribution to your 401K along with health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through continuing education opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Submit your resume and cover letter today to be considered for our HR Coordinator position!