Inside Sales Representative – Life Insurance
Life is about to get better!
BetterLife has an opportunity available as an Inside Sales Representative & we are in search of an enthusiastic, results driven individual to take on this challenge and join our Direct Sales team in Madison, Wisconsin (west side). You will receive base pay along with commission opportunity, and we will train you! Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
BetterLife was formed in January 2021 after a recent merger of two companies with histories going back 115 years. We are a member-owned, nonprofit life insurance company, and we have a large focus on supporting the member communities that we serve. Our home office is in Madison, Wisconsin and we are authorized to do business in 20 different states. We have 64,000+ members with $650 million in assets.
Our Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for helping prospective members secure life insurance policies by creating a positive, timely and smooth phone sales process. Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer incoming calls from prospective members
- Make outgoing calls to prospective members via warm leads that you are given each day or for timely follow up with prospective or current members
- Understand and assess customers’ needs to identify the product(s) that will work best for them
- Explain products to prospective members
- Keep up with product information and updates
- Walk the prospective member through the application and payment process
- Utilize the system(s) to initiate and process policies & to track prospective and current member information and notes
- Close sales and achieve individual and team sales goals for growing BetterLife’s membership!
- Partner with our internal Member Services team to ensure policies are issued timely
- Assist with additional lead generation ideas
What you should bring to the table:
- High school diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor’s degree in sales or business is preferred
- One or more years of sales experience & loves doing it!
- Experience working on the phone is preferred
- Active life insurance license or the ability to obtain after hire
- Strong communication, listening, interpersonal, and customer service skills to create a great member experience, build rapport, and achieve positive satisfaction
- A competitive, yet collaborative nature to achieve individual and team goals!
- Willingness to learn, bring new ideas, and grow with the flow (yes grow, we are a new team!)
Why you should be excited:
- You’ll make a difference. BetterLife helps people protect their loved ones from the financial risks associated with dying too soon or living too long through life insurance and annuities. As a nonprofit organization, we are focused on making a difference in the lives and communities of the members we serve.
- Our organization is growing. As you read, we recently went through a merger which brought together the histories and members of two companies into one. We are forward thinking, change embracers and have strong goals and initiatives in place to grow our membership even further!
- You’ll love the people you work with. We believe in helping people, making a difference, working hard, doing the right thing, respecting each other, and having fun. Our culture is something that we take great pride in!
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer base pay plus commissions / bonuses. We also provide an 8% contribution to your 401K, health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through tuition reimbursement.
BetterLife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.