Life is about to get better!
BetterLife, a member-owned life insurance company, is looking for a Marketing Specialist! We are searching for a highly creative, fun, organized individual to join our dynamic and collaborative Marketing Team in Madison, Wisconsin (west side). If you love planning, creating, and executing social media and digital marketing strategies to get leads, this job is for you! Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. We highly encourage you to include work samples and or a cover letter detailing why you are the best person for the job.
What You’ll Do:
Our Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting marketing campaigns and initiatives to enhance our brand, attract new members, and market to current and prospective members. Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Brainstorm best lead generation methods to support all three sales distribution channels; focus on results
- Manage, write, design, publish, track, and report metrics on member-facing communications such as email, social media, website, etc.
- Plan organic social calendar, schedule posts, track and report metrics
- Proactively seek out stories, opportunities, and content to share across platforms
- Actively manage our social media presence, including monitoring for engagement opportunities and responding appropriately to comments and messages
- Implement, track, and optimize automated communications
- Assist with and manage a variety of marketing-related projects as requested
- Deliver consistent results, brainstorm new and creative ideas, and have fun!
What you should bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years of professional experience developing organic and paid social media strategies and content
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to develop compelling and audience/tone-appropriate content
- Solid understanding and knowledge of digital lead generation techniques, email marketing, SEO, and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Comfort and ability to work with computer programs and learn new technology such as Constant Contact (preferred), WordPress (preferred), Microsoft Suite (advanced level Excel), project management software, Wrike (preferred), Adobe Creative Cloud Apps (preferred), etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, remain highly organized, work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, work independently and as part of a team, and be detailed oriented while being able to see and understand the big picture
- A flexible mindset, innovation to find better ways to do things, and creativity
Why you should be excited:
- You’ll make a positive impact. BetterLife is a thriving member-owned life insurance company celebrating 125 years of helping members protect their families’ financial futures, build better lives, and better their communities. We are passionate about engaging our members and employees to make a meaningful difference in their communities through philanthropic activities.
- Our Culture. You’ll love the people you work with and the positive environment in which you work. We recognize the value of a diverse team, and we encourage applicants of varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. At BetterLife, we believe in and demonstrate our culture of respect, transparency, passion, curiosity, optimism, doing the right thing, having fun, and the like.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total rewards package with an 8% contribution to your 401K along with health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through continuing education opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Submit your resume today to be our Marketing Specialist!