Member Engagement Associate
Life is about to get better!
BetterLife, a member-owned life insurance company, is looking for a Member Engagement Associate! We are in search of a highly organized individual who loves helping others to join us in our efforts to drive member engagement and make a difference in the communities that we serve. If you love assisting a high-energy team with administrative tasks and supporting our members, this job is for you!
This position will work in-office at our Madison, Wisconsin location. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
What You’ll Do:
Our Member Engagement Associate is responsible for assisting the team with meetings and events, processing grant payments, scholarship program coordination, data entry and reporting along with answering phone calls and emails from members and lodges/branches in a timely and professional manner. Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the BetterLife member engagement team, branch/lodge leaders, and members via phone and email
- Answer questions about member programs, member benefits, benefit applications, technology, etc.
- Review and enter annual lodge/branch form information and other member engagement data in spreadsheets and provide reports
- Submit quarterly grant payments for review/approval
- Plan and organize the monthly Secretary Newsletter process and ensure it is distributed timely
- Assist with creating volunteer leader and member communications
- Manage the administrative components of the scholarship program, including communicating with agents, applicants, and the external review committee
- Track and report on the BetterLife online store
- Assist with keeping the member engagement portal up-to-date
What you should bring to the table:
- Associate’s Degree in business, marketing or similar or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative support role. Experience should include answering phones, data entry, drafting emails, preparing presentations/meeting materials, and assisting with planning events
- Proven ability to build relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Excellent time management skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team and is self-motivated and inquisitive
- Strong problem-solving abilities and continuous process improvement mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new systems
Why you should be excited:
- You’ll make a positive impact. BetterLife is a thriving member-owned life insurance company that was formed after a recent merger between two companies with histories going back over 100 years. Our mission is to help our members protect their families’ financial futures, build better lives, and better their communities. We are passionate about engaging our members and employees to make a meaningful difference in their communities through philanthropic activities.
- Our Culture. You’ll love the people you work with and the positive environment in which you work. We recognize the value of a diverse team and we encourage applicants of varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. At BetterLife, we believe in and demonstrate our culture of being member focused, respectful, transparent, passionate, accountable, collaborative, embrace change, curious, optimistic, do the right thing, and have fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total rewards package with an 8% contribution to your 401K along with health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through continuing education opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Submit your interest today to be our Member Engagement Associate!