Member Services Associate – Claims
BetterLife’s Madison, Wisconsin office has an exciting opportunity for a Member Services Specialist to join our Member Services team!
What you’ll do:
As a Member Services Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to process claims for the beneficiaries of our members. Specifically, you will:
- Collect information from beneficiaries, family members, and agents to start the claims process
- Explain the payout options available
- Send forms to beneficiaries – following up and answering questions as necessary until the forms are returned
- Review completed forms, enter the information into our systems, and process the claim
- Record changes to beneficiary designations
- Forward claims proceeds to accounting as unclaimed property if beneficiaries cannot be located
To be successful in the Member Services Specialist position, you will need:
- Experience in claims or the life insurance industry is a plus but is not required. We will train you!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excited to work with customers and able to do so in a professional and caring way
- Self-motivated and possess a great attitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to learn new systems
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
Why you should join our team:
- You’ll make a difference. BetterLife is a thriving organization that helps people protect their loved ones from the financial risks associated with dying too soon or living too long through life insurance and annuities. As a nonprofit organization, we are passionate about engaging our members to make a difference in their families, communities and country by never losing sight of our motto, “People helping people in time of need.”
- Our organization is growing. National Mutual Benefit and Western Fraternal Life (a similar sized fraternal benefit society located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa) merged on January 1, 2021 to form a new company, BetterLife. BetterLife is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin and occupies the former National Mutual Benefit office building. BetterLife serves 64,000+ members has $650 million in assets and is licensed to provide life and annuity products in 20 states.
- You’ll love the people you work with. We believe in helping people, making a difference, working hard, embracing change, doing the right thing, respecting each other, and having fun.
- We have great benefits that include:
• 401k with company contribution
• Health, dental & vision insurance
• Company paid life and disability insurance
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
• Tuition reimbursement