Member Services Associate – New Business
BetterLife’s Madison, Wisconsin office has an exciting opportunity for a Member Services Associate to join our New Business team!
What you’ll do:
As a Member Services Associate in New Business, your primary responsibility will be to process new insurance applications from start to finish for our prospective members. Specifically, you will:
- Process new applications and audit them to ensure all relevant forms and information is included
- Enter information into our administrative systems
- Obtain medical information required for underwriting based on guidelines and underwriter’s requests
- Once a policy is approved, you will issue the policy, assemble it, and mail it out
- Throughout the process, you will regularly communicate with our insurance agents to answer questions and obtain missing information needed to underwrite the policy
To be successful in the Member Services Associate position, you will need:
- Experience in the life insurance industry is a plus but is not required. We will train you!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excited to work with customers and agents and able to do so in a professional and caring way
- Self-motivated and possess a great attitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to learn new systems
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
Why you should join our team:
- You’ll make a difference. BetterLife is a thriving organization that helps people protect their loved ones from the financial risks associated with dying too soon or living too long through life insurance and annuities. As a nonprofit organization, we are passionate about engaging our members to make a difference in their families, communities and country by never losing sight of our motto, “People helping people in time of need.”
- Our organization is growing. National Mutual Benefit and Western Fraternal Life (a similar sized fraternal benefit society located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa) merged on January 1, 2021 to form a new company, BetterLife. BetterLife is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin and occupies the former National Mutual Benefit office building. BetterLife serves 64,000+ members has $650 million in assets and is licensed to provide life and annuity products in 20 states.
- You’ll love the people you work with. We believe in helping people, making a difference, working hard, embracing change, doing the right thing, respecting each other, and having fun.
- We have great benefits that include:
- 401k with company contribution
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement