Member Services Associate
Life is about to get better! Enjoy a 36-hour workweek with Friday afternoons OFF!
BetterLife, a member-owned life insurance company, is looking for Member Services Associates! We are in search of innovative, customer service-oriented individuals to join our collaborative team in Madison, Wisconsin (west side). If you love helping others, solving problems, and coming up with process efficiencies, this job is for you! Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
What You’ll Do:
As a Member Services Associate, your primary responsibility will be to help our members and insurance agents over the phone or email with their questions and needs in regards to our life insurance and annuity products. Overall responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Enter new business applications into the system
- Assemble new policies for members
- Run illustrations for existing policies
- Process premium payments (credit card and online payments)
- Process loans, withdrawals, and surrenders of existing policies
- Review and verify 1099 tax forms and balance withholding
- Work with our unique bi-weekly mortgage program
- Update beneficiary information
- Assist with claims processing
What you should bring to the table:
- Life insurance experience (preferred, but not required) – we will train you!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A love for and proven experience in providing outstanding customer service
- Caring, compassionate, and professional demeanor
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
- Comfortable working on the computer with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
Why you should be excited:
- You’ll make a positive impact. BetterLife is a thriving member-owned life insurance company that was formed after a recent merger between two companies with histories going back over 100 years. Our mission is to help our members protect their families’ financial futures, build better lives, and better their communities. We are passionate about engaging our members and employees to make a meaningful difference in their communities through philanthropic activities.
- Our Culture. You’ll love the people you work with and the positive environment in which you work. We recognize the value of a diverse team and we encourage applicants of varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. At BetterLife, we believe in and demonstrate our culture of being member focused, respectful, transparent, passionate, accountable, collaborative, embrace change, curious, optimistic, do the right thing, and have fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total rewards package with an 8% contribution to your 401K along with health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through continuing education opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Submit your resume today to be a Member Services Associate!