Member Services Associate
Life is about to get better! Enjoy a 36 hour workweek with Friday afternoons OFF!
BetterLife has opportunities available as Member Services Associates & we are in search of innovative, customer service oriented individuals to join our Member Services team in Madison, Wisconsin (west side). Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
BetterLife was formed in January 2021 after a recent merger of two companies with histories going back 124 years. We are a member-owned life insurance company with a large focus on supporting the member communities that we serve. Our home office is in Madison, Wisconsin and we are authorized to do business in 20 different states. We have 64,000+ members with $650 million in assets.
As a Member Services Associate, your primary responsibility will be to help our members and insurance agents over the phone with their questions and needs in regards to our life insurance and annuity products. Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enter new business applications into the system
- Assemble new policies for members
- Run illustrations for existing policies
- Process premium payments (credit card and online payments)
- Process loans, withdrawals, and surrenders of existing policies
- Review and verify 1099 tax forms and balance withholding
- Work with our unique bi-weekly mortgage program
- Update beneficiary information
- Assist with claims processing
What you should bring to the table:
- Life insurance experience (preferred, but not required) – we will train you!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A love for and proven experience in providing outstanding customer service
- Caring, compassionate, and professional demeanor
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
- Comfortable working on the computer with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
Why you should be excited:
- You’ll make a difference. BetterLife helps people protect their loved ones from the financial risks associated with dying too soon or living too long through life insurance and annuities. We are focused on making a difference in the lives and communities of the members we serve.
- Our organization is growing. As you read, we recently went through a merger which brought together the histories and members of two companies into one. We are forward thinking, change embracers and have strong goals and initiatives in place to grow our membership even further!
- You’ll love the people you work with. We believe in helping people, making a difference, working hard, doing the right thing, respecting each other, and having fun. Our culture is something that we take great pride in!
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total rewards package with an 8% contribution to your 401K along with health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through tuition reimbursement.
Submit your resume today to be a Member Services Associate!