Remote Life Insurance Sales Specialist
Life is about to get better!
BetterLife is building its Direct-to-Consumer sales channel and we’re looking for a diverse team of highly motivated Remote Life Insurance Sales Specialists to join our team. If you love helping customers, are patient, coachable, and want to help us grow – we want to talk to you! Resumes will be accepted until the positions are filled.
BetterLife was formed in January 2021 after a recent merger of two companies with histories going back 124 years. We are a member-owned life insurance company with a large focus on supporting the member communities that we serve. Our home office is in Madison, Wisconsin and we are authorized to do business in 20 different states. We have 64,000+ members with $650 million in assets.
As a Remote Life Insurance Sales Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to help prospective members secure life insurance policies by creating a positive, timely and smooth phone sales process. Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Make outbound calls and respond to calls, emails and texts with prospective members via the warm leads you receive every day
- Guide individuals through the life insurance buying process using a consultative approach and building rapport to uncover the term life insurance and final expense products that will work best for their needs
- Facilitate the application process alongside our Member Services Team to ensure a timely delivery of an in force policy whether fully underwritten or non-medical
- Use our CRM and digital systems to manage your workflow
Note: this position can be performed from home or out of our Madison, Wisconsin office.
What you should bring to the table:
- High school diploma or equivalent. A bachelor’s degree in sales, business, marketing or other relevant degree is preferred
- At least 1 year of experience selling in a fast-paced, high transaction sales organization
- Experience selling life insurance is preferred, but not required
- Active life insurance licenses (preferred) or the ability and willingness to obtain after hire
- A focus on and proficiency in understanding key performance indicators and metrics with an ability to work within a highly data driven environment and adapt as needed
- You must be willing to roll your sleeves up and get the job done in high pressure situations
- You must be comfortable being held accountable to the team by being present and checking-in throughout the day
Why you should be excited:
- You’ll make a difference. BetterLife is a thriving organization that helps people protect their loved ones from the financial risks associated with dying too soon through life insurance and protecting the future through final expense products. As a member-owned organization, we are passionate about engaging our members to make a difference in their communities.
- Diversity. We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applicants to apply regardless of race, sex, gender identity, religion, age, disability or any other status protected by law.
- You’ll love the people you work with. We believe in helping people, making a difference, working hard, embracing change, doing the right thing, respecting each other, and having fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total rewards package with guaranteed base pay with the ability to earn more through bonuses plus an 8% contribution to your 401K along with health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through tuition reimbursement.
Submit your resume today to be a part of a growing team of Life Insurance Sales Specialists!