Sales Training Specialist
Life is about to get better!
BetterLife, a member-owned life insurance company, is looking for a Sales Training Specialist! We are in search of a passionate proven mentor with a background in life insurance to join our collaborative Member Acquisition Team in Madison, Wisconsin (west side). Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. We highly encourage you to also include a cover letter detailing why you are the best person for the job.
What You’ll Do:
Our Sales Training Specialist is responsible for providing training, support and hands-on education to insurance agents in regards to BetterLife processes, procedures, systems, and resources to help them be successful in selling our insurance products and effectively servicing our members. Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide training, support, and mentorship to insurance agents (group & individual) through a variety of channels including in-person, virtual (web), & phone
- Develop training materials and presentations to match company practices and to comply with applicable insurance regulations
- Use in-depth knowledge of BetterLife products, processes, and procedures to effectively advise and educate agents on how to use our employee portal (intranet), new business process and application, and choosing appropriate products for members’ needs
- Review new applications and educate agents on incompleteness to ensure a smoother new business / underwriting process moving forward
- Communicate with agents in regards to updates and changes to sales processes and procedures and answer any questions they may have
- Partner with other internal departments to stay informed of the promotions, processes, procedures, and systems so the appropriate guidance can be provided
- Assist with contest promotion, website updates, system testing, and reports as needed
What you should bring to the table:
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent work experience
- Active Life Insurance License
- Active Driver’s License & willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- 5 or more years of experience in the life insurance industry. Experience should include one or more of the following: 1) Coaching or Mentoring life insurance agents, 2) Serving as a life insurance agent, or 3) Developing and delivering life insurance training
- Knowledge of training best practices and adult learning concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of life insurance products, sales practices and how to interpret sales metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present/facilitate learning experiences
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web meeting technology, and the ability to learn new systems
- Ability to build relationships, provide excellent customer service, work independently and as part of a team, and problem-solve with a process improvement mindset
- Strong attention to detail, organization, self-motivation, curiosity, and time management skills
Why you should be excited:
- You’ll make a positive impact. BetterLife is a thriving member-owned life insurance company that was formed after a recent merger between two companies with histories going back over 100 years. Our mission is to help our members protect their families’ financial futures, build better lives, and better their communities. We are passionate about engaging our members and employees to make a meaningful difference in their communities through philanthropic activities.
- Our Culture. You’ll love the people you work with and the positive environment in which you work. We recognize the value of a diverse team and we encourage applicants of varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. At BetterLife, we believe in and demonstrate our culture of being member focused, respectful, transparent, passionate, accountable, collaborative, embrace change, curious, optimistic, do the right thing, and have fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total rewards package with an 8% contribution to your 401K along with health, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance. In addition, you will receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. We also support employees through continuing education opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Submit your interest today to be our Sales Training Specialist!