Vice President, National Sales
Life is about to get better!
BetterLife is looking for an experienced life insurance sales leader with a proven track record of success to join our growing team. As the Vice President, National Sales, you will develop, plan and execute a sales strategy for BetterLife’s face to face channels. You will maintain strong relationships with external partners and internal cross functional teams to ensure success in all channels of distribution. You will anticipate and analyze industry selling trends and implement strategic action plans to impact the business.
BETTERLIFE is a brand new 125 year old company built with today’s consumer in mind. In 2021, BetterLife was created from the merger of Western Fraternal and National Mutual Benefit. As a fraternal benefit society, we are member owned and are committed to helping our members to make a difference in their families, communities and country. BETTERLIFE helps people to protect their loved ones from the financial risks associated with dying too soon or living too long through life insurance and annuities.
The Head of Sales provides leadership to all face-to-face sales activities at BetterLife. This position is a key member of the leadership team and reports to the CEO, and is responsible for:
- Achieving sales goals for the face-to-face channels.
- Lead the Directors of Independent Sales, Career Sales and Sales Training – staff of 10
- Driving BETTERLIFE into the 21st century in regards to face-to-face sales.
- Collaborating with:
*Senior Vice President of Member Experience in developing and delivering all life and annuity products including traditional life, both term and whole life, and fixed universal life and fixed annuities.
*Director of Marketing to create marketing materials and programs to support sales.
*Vice President Member Services to align sales and underwriting to deliver profitable sales for BetterLife.
What you should bring to the table:
The ideal candidate for this role will be a customer advocate. The Vice President, National Sales will have demonstrated skills in achieving sales results. The candidate should have:
- Extensive experience in successfully leading the sales of life insurance.
- Strong strategic and business mindset.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven success working with a wide variety of distribution channels.
- Experience planning and implementing sales strategies.
- Ability to travel for the purpose of meeting with sales teams and members.
Experience, Education and Training
- At least ten years of sales experience in insurance or financial services
- CLU, ChFC, FLMI and/or FIC designations preferred.
Why you should be excited:
You’ll make a difference. BetterLife is a thriving organization that helps people protect their loved ones from the financial risks associated with dying too soon through life insurance and protecting the future through final expense products. As a member-owned organization, we are passionate about engaging our members to make a difference in their communities.
- We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applicants to apply regardless of race, sex, gender identity, religion, age, disability or any other status protected by law.
- You’ll love the people you work with. We believe in helping people, making a difference, working hard, embracing change, doing the right thing, respecting each other, and having fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a competitive total-rewards package with guaranteed base-pay and the ability to earn performance-based commission/bonuses. Benefits include: Health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance as well as an automatic 8% company contribution to your 401K whether you contribute or not! In addition, you will receive PTO, sick leave, and paid national holidays. We also support employees through tuition reimbursement.
Bring your life insurance sales leadership experience to BetterLife and submit your resume today to be a part of a growing team!