January 18, 2022
Congratulations to BetterLife’s 2021 Minnesota Scholarship Fund Winners!
BetterLife’s MN lodges and the Minnesota Scholarship Fund Board of Governors are pleased to announce the selection of the 2021 Minnesota Scholarship Fund grants. COVID-19 made it difficult for lodge and scholarship board members to meet in person, which resulted in the board carrying out the grant process via telephone and electronic communication.
In the 39 years that the Minnesota Scholarship Fund Board of Governors has been issuing these scholarships, they are pleased to have provided 544 non-payback grants totaling $273,850! This year, each recipient received a grant for $600 to go towards furthering their education.
Without further ado, here are the 2021 Minnesota Scholarship Fund Winners:
- Nicholas Duban | Lodge Montgomery 155 in Montgomery, MN | Nicholas is attending South Dakota School of Mines & Technology in Rapid City, SD.
- Mitchell Duban | Lodge Montgomery 155 in Montgomery, MN | Mitchell will attend South Dakota School of Mines & Technology in Rapid City, SD.
- Brynn Fernholz| Lodge Ledec 192 in Alexandria, MN | Brynn will attend Concordia College in Moorhead, MN.
- Brooke Fredrickson | Lodge Boleslav Jablonsky 219 | Strathcona, MN | Brooke will attend Bemidji State University in Bemidji, MN.
- Emersyn Hudalla | Lodge Ledec 192 in Alexandria, MN | Emersyn will attend Moorhead State University in Moorhead, MN.
- Thaddeus Lievens | Lodge Meadowlands Jr. 361 in Meadowlands, MN | Thaddeus is attending Huntingdon College in Montgomery, AL.
- Hallie Rootkie | Lodge Willow River 346 in Willow River, MN | Hallie will attend South Dakota State University in Brookings, SD.
- Olivia Stilley | Lodge Zare Zapadu 44 in Hayward, MN | Olivia plans to attend Hawkeye College in Waterloo, IA.
- Sidney Trousil | Lodge Ledec 192 in Alexandria, MN | Sidney is attending Hamline University in St. Paul, MN.
- Macy Elizabeth Trousil | Lodge Ledec 192 in Alexandria, MN | Macy is attending the University of Minnesota-Rochester.
- Cameron Richard Vidlund | Lodge Lumir 34 in Hutchinson, MN | Cameron is attending the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN.
Congratulations to all of our winners!
A message from the Minnesota Scholarship Fund Board of Governors: “Thank you to the Minnesota lodges and members who supported the scholarship program with their fundraising activities. We also appreciate the support and assistance from the individuals at BetterLife, and the matching funds contribution to our MN Scholarship Fund. Finally, we offer a special Thank You to the BetterLife Education and Charitable Foundation for the investment guidance and distribution of the fund assets.”
All BetterLife members in MN are encouraged to continue their education and apply for the 2022-23 school year Minnesota Scholarship Fund grant by March 1, 2022. Reach out to your district scholarship representative or your branch or lodge secretary for an application. Qualifying applicants will receive the application in January of each year. Or access the application online by clicking here!
This application is separate from the BetterLife National Scholarship Application.
Interested in learning about all of BetterLife’s opportunities for ambitious scholars? Visit our scholarships page here!