BetterLife members may apply for BetterLife’s National Scholarship benefit consisting of up to 58 scholarships. They are as follows:
- (1) $5,000 annual Bradley Family Scholarship donated by BetterLife Board Director Mary Bradley and her family
- (1) $4,000 Presidential High School Scholarship – awarded to one high school senior with outstanding volunteer service ($1,000 being paid in for consecutive years)
- (3) $2,000 Leadership Scholarships awarded to outstanding member applicants
- (3) $1,000 BetterLife Foundation Scholarships
- (1) $1,000 Carl and Stella Ruzek Scholarship (MN resident/student)
- (49) $1,000 annual scholarships to deserving members
This is a total of $68,000 in scholarships that BetterLife will give away to post-secondary students annually.
Congratulations to our scholarship winners for the 2022-2023 school year! Check out the winners in our August Magazine.
The requirements/guidelines for BetterLife’s National Scholarship program include:
- The applicant must be a member in good standing for two (2) years prior to the application deadline (March 1, 2023).
- Members are eligible to win a four-year scholarship only once. The four-year scholarship is for incoming freshmen.
- The four-year scholarship applicant must show proof of a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or C average each year.
- Members who receive a $1,000 scholarship are eligible to win the scholarship two times for a total of $2,000. Members must apply each year. Previous winners are eligible.
- Applicant must be accepted or attending as a full-time student, each semester at a College/University or Vocational/Technical Institution for the entire 2023-24 school year. A copy of the verification must be included.
- Recipients of other BetterLife scholarships: branch/lodge, district, or state, are eligible for the National Scholarship.
- Checks will be mailed directly to the school to apply funds towards tuition, books, and incidentals.
Oklahoma BetterLife Scholarship
The Oklahoma BetterLife Scholarship committee is accepting applications for the 2023-2024 scholarship award. The scholarship award will be $1,000. Applicants must submit an essay between 500-1000 words detailing how they would promote volunteerism through service projects in their community. Applicants must provide at least three examples for projects. One of the projects must focus on how to get youth involved. One of the projects must focus on the inclusion of senior citizens. The third project can be broad and inclusive of all age groups.
See below for submission requirements. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com. The deadline is Friday, May 5, 2023.
Essay submission must include these elements:
1. Applicant’s first and last name
2. School institution
3. BetterLife Member Group
Applicants must be members of Oklahoma lodges and be in good standing with their insurance policies. Applicants may be enrolled as full-time or part-time students at a higher education institution. Students of all ages are encouraged to apply.