BetterLife members may apply for BetterLife’s National Scholarship benefit consisting of up to 58 scholarships. They are as follows:
- (1) $5,000 annual Bradley Family Scholarship
- (1) $4,000 Presidential High School Scholarship – awarded to one high school senior with outstanding volunteer service ($1,000 being paid in for consecutive years).
- 3) $2,000 Leadership Scholarships awarded to outstanding member applicants
- (3) $1,000 BetterLife Foundation Scholarships
- (1) $1,000 Carl and Stella Ruzek Scholarship (MN resident/student)
- (49) $1,000 annual scholarships to deserving members
This is a total of $68,000 in scholarships that BetterLife will give away to post-secondary students annually.
The requirements/guidelines for BetterLife’s National Scholarship program include:
- The applicant must be a member in good standing for two (2) years prior to the application deadline (March 1, 2022).
- Members are eligible to win a four-year scholarship only once. The four-year scholarship is for incoming freshmen.
- The four-year scholarship applicant must show proof of a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or C average each year.
- Members who receive a $1,000 scholarship are eligible to win the scholarship two times for a total of $2,000. Members
must apply each year. Previous winners are eligible.
- Applicant must be accepted or attending as a full-time student, each semester at a College/University or Vocational/
Technical Institution for the entire 2022-2023 school year. A copy of the verification must be included.
- Recipients of other BetterLife scholarships: branch/lodge, district, or state, are eligible for the National Scholarship.
- Checks will be mailed directly to the school to apply funds towards tuition, books, and incidentals.
View the full 2022 National Scholarship Guidelines here
Oklahoma Members: apply now for the 2022-2023 Oklahoma Scholarship!
The Oklahoma Better Life Scholarship committee is accepting applications for the 2022-23 scholarship award. Applicants must submit an essay detailing how they would use their Czech heritage to promote service in their community. Applicants must provide at least three examples for projects. One of the projects must focus on how to get youth involved. One of the projects must focus on the inclusion of senior citizens. The third project can be broad and inclusive of all age groups.
See below for submission requirements. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Friday, March 18, 2022.
Essay submission must include these elements:
- Applicant’s first and last name
- School institution
- Lodge number
Applicants must be a member of an Oklahoma lodge and be in good standing with their insurance policies. Applicants may be enrolled as full-time or part-time students at a higher education institution. Amount of scholarship will provide support for partial tuition.
South Dakota members: download the 2021 SD State Scholarship Application Guidelines here.
Completed application materials for the 2022-23 school year must be emailed or postmarked on or before Monday, March 1st, 2022.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.