BetterLife members may apply for BetterLife’s National Scholarship benefit consisting of up to 58 scholarships. They are as follows:
- (1) $5,000 annual Bradley Family Scholarship donated by BetterLife Board Director Mary Bradley and her family
- (1) $4,000 Presidential High School Scholarship – awarded to one high school senior with outstanding volunteer service ($1,000 being paid in for consecutive years)
- (3) $2,000 Leadership Scholarships awarded to outstanding member applicants
- (3) $1,000 BetterLife Foundation Scholarships
- (1) $1,000 Carl and Stella Ruzek Scholarship (MN resident/student)
- (49) $1,000 annual scholarships to deserving members
This is a total of $68,000 in scholarships that BetterLife will give away to post-secondary students annually.
Congratulations to our scholarship winners for the 2022-2023 school year! Check out the winners in our August Magazine.
The requirements/guidelines for BetterLife’s National Scholarship program include:
- The applicant must be a member in good standing for two (2) years prior to the application deadline (March 1, 2023).
- Members are eligible to win a four-year scholarship only once. The four-year scholarship is for incoming freshmen.
- The four-year scholarship applicant must show proof of a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or C average each year.
- Members who receive a $1,000 scholarship are eligible to win the scholarship two times for a total of $2,000. Members must apply each year. Previous winners are eligible.
- Applicant must be accepted or attending as a full-time student, each semester at a College/University or Vocational/Technical Institution for the entire 2023-24 school year. A copy of the verification must be included.
- Recipients of other BetterLife scholarships: branch/lodge, district, or state, are eligible for the National Scholarship.
- Checks will be mailed directly to the school to apply funds towards tuition, books, and incidentals.
Applications will be available in November 2022.