January 9, 2022
On January 1, 2022, we planned to roll out a new model for our member groups (branches and lodges).
Instead, our member engagement team has decided to launch “Project Re-engage” to focus more on being a fraternal again, beginning with three member leader seminars in fall 2021.
Why Are We Doing This?
The Impact of COVID-19
- Most branches and lodges were inactive or significantly less active in 2021 due to COVID-19 restrictions and concerns.
- Home Office staff could not get out to build relationships with and listen to members and member leaders.
- We still do not know what “normal” will look like in the future.
The Feedback We Have Received
- Many of our member leaders are unengaged.
- We need to do a better job connecting with our member leaders.
- We haven’t been able to get enough input/feedback from members and member leaders.
That’s where Project Re-engage comes into play. Through this program, we will:
- Re-engage branches/lodges in being fraternal again
- Make minimal changes from this year’s model
- Motivate and equip branches/lodges to be active in 2022
- Expand our signature event concept
- Engage in a listening/learning tour
- Visit a majority of branches/lodges by June 30, 2022
- Improve communication with branches/lodges
- Use old and new tools
- Experiment with new ways to engage members and impact communities
We are thrilled to build the future of fraternal with you at BetterLife. Dan Shinnick (BetterLife CEO), Angel Thomas (BetterLife SVP of Member Experience), Hallie Evenson (Member Engagement Specialist), and our new member engagement team members are excited to see YOU in the coming year!
Learn more about us and what a fraternal company is here.